Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New Season: Relocation



"To everything there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under the Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

This is a favorite Scripture of mine. It always gives me such comfort when LIFE becomes a little hectic or I am pushing myself too hard. I am learning to stop and ENJOY the Seasons that we go through. Another great Scripture to back this one up is: "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9.  It kind of reminds me of Dory in Finding Nemo. You know that part where she sings "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!". 

I am both excited and nervous for the new Season that we have come into.

We are very Happy that my Hubby has been hired by a company that is located near our Family! To give a little background: My Hubby served 10 years in the Army (that's a whole other background for later). We tried to find a job in the NW where our family is but ended up being blessed to experience life living near the border of Mexico for the past two years. The weather and the beach have been AWESOME, and we will miss it!  Being near our Family and Friends, in a place that we can plan on living for more than three years is EXCITING!  
The nervous part is that he starts his new job next week, which means we will be on our own for awhile. He will be gone most of the Summer, only home for short visits. It's the first time since we became civilians that he will be away for more than just a few days. Meanwhile, I have a house to get cleaned up, painted, packed, and SOLD.  It's not the first time, but it still causes me to have a bit of anxiety. I am glad that we finished up our school year so early and have already been on break and preparing for our next year. I have little prep left, so I can easily concentrate on the house. Once I get things in order, we will just dig back into our studies until the house sells. Hopefully this will not take more than 6 months.

So our new Season is called: Relocation. Our overall feelings are of JOY, and the rest just has to fall into place somewhere as we strive to "faint not" and wait for the reaping part.

Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. We've moved so many times it almost makes me woozy to hear about moving! But we've learned a lot, mostly we've learned that we can get away with giving away a lot of stuff, maybe we're too lazy to pack very much, but I call it the tightwad organization method, it doesn't cost anything to get rid of stuff, and you don't have to move or store what you don't have! But good luck being without your hubby, that's tough, wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete