Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flexibility

"Leave margins in your schedule" Sonja Shaffer


There are weeks when I am very grateful to be homeschooling. This is one of those weeks. My Hubby's job schedule has changed once again. He is now going to be working 4 days a week and off for three. It is so nice to be able to arrange our school days to what suits our needs best. I see this as such a great blessing because now we will have an extra day to spend time together as a whole family. After spending so much time missing him during our Army years it makes us very happy to gain back that time. We are excited that we will be able to hit the beach during the week days leaving more beach for us! 


A more temporary need for flexibility is to arrange our days around illness. We were suddenly hit this week with a 24 hour virus that is making it's way through everyone.  Those who are up to it are doing their work, and the others are getting well in their beds. It is also nice because a lot of our lessons that we study together we learn through literature, so even when illness keeps us down in bed we can read together. I enjoy counting our blessings each day. It is such a helper to me to stay positive and keep on going. The days I forget to look for the blessings are the days I find myself overwhelmed and frustrated.


Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment