Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Library Treasure

Before leaving the library this past week, I quickly scanned the "teacher" book shelf to see if there was anything of interest. I was delighted to find a Charlotte Mason themed book:


I may have to purchase my own copy!

I love the line in the title that says " The Gentle Art of Learning" it speaks to me. We are getting to that place now where learning really is done in a gentle and creative way. So exciting! 

I am thoroughly enjoying it and have been devouring pages this afternoon. I plan on bringing it with me this evening as I wait while my kiddos attend their church activities. I have kept a notebook and pencil close at hand. There are some fabulous insights and ideas that I am gleaning for improvement upon our next school years lessons. The hardest part will be waiting and preparing to begin!

We have about a month left of lessons for this school year and then we will take a short break before beginning their next levels of study. It so exciting to see the mastery of this years lessons and to prepare to begin the next set of goals!

Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that book as well! Nice to see another LDS Homeschooler in blog land! :)

    ReplyDelete